Elevating Work Platforms – Do I Need a License To Operate?

Author: marketing@aalhyster.com.au

Our previous blog post looked at the addition of Dingli EWP equipment to the Adaptalift Group product offering, with a brief look at some of the popular EWP units available.

This week’s blog is the first in an EWP series, that will look at important topics regarding EWP’s including licensing, safety and operations.

This blog looks specifically at licensing requirements for EWP operators.

To comply with state based Occupational Health and Safety Acts (OH&S) or the new Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011, all operators of EWP equipment must hold a valid Yellow Card (license) for the unit they are

The Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia (EWPAA) highlights the below parts of legislation (OH&S and WHS acts), that demonstrate the importance for all EWP operators to hold the correct licence to be compliant with the legislation.

EWP occupational health and safety legislation

To assist companys and operators in compliance with the EWPAA in conjunction with industry partners has created the ‘EWP operator training program’ or Yellowcard as proof an operator is properly trained to operate EWP’s.

The program consists of six modules covering different types of EWP’s and a specialist transport module for those undertaking the moving of EWP’s.

The modules include:

  • Vertical lift
  • Scissor lift
  • Self-propelled boom lift
  • Trailer lift
  • Truck mounted lift
  • Transporting (load restraint)

Operators must gain accreditation to operate each individual types of EWP’s as they all differ in their operation and safety requirements.

elevating work platform yellow card license

In some cases operators may need a high risk license in addition to a yellow card to operate an EWP. This high risk license is compulsory for operators working on boom type EWP’s 11m and over in lift height (truck mounted and self-propelled such as a cherry picker).

<p>Read more, visit source</p><div class=

Related Posts: